About the Captain
CAPTAIN ART DUPLESSIS (and son Jaxon)
- Fishing the waters of Key West for 23 years. 8 years on the deck and 15 years as owner captain of the WILD BILL. Not old enough to be grumpy and young enough to make sure you have fun and catch the most fish.
- Fishing fanatic that has fished from Alaska to Costa Rica
- Began fishing when he was 3 years old
- Extensive knowledge of Key West waters
- Our boat is entered in the Key West Fishing Tournament, a 7 month tournament (April-October) with peewee, junior, ladies and mens divisions. If you catch a citation-sized fish, you will receive a certificate, be entered in your division and may win a trophy and be invited to the year-end banquet
- We fish in the Gulf and Atlantic waters of Key West 365 days/year
- If it swims in more than 4 feet of water, we can catch it!
- We are capable of catching 20+ species in one day — if it’s in the Keys waters, we’ll find it!
- Fish aboard our custom built 34 foot Crusader, 350hp Cummins with an open cabin made in Key West and designed by us for maximum comfort and fishability. It can accommodate up 6 passengers.
- Our boat is powered by a Cummins 350 hp diesel engine that gets us to the fishing grounds quick
- For those who want shade, the boat offers tinted windows
- Comfortable seating inside the cabin and open to the back deck for quick access to the rods while trolling
- The boat has 4 fighting chairs on the deck for those who enjoy the sun and like to fight the fish sitting down
- You’ll have a fun fishing excursion with an experienced crew
WE WILL CUSTOMIZE YOUR TRIP FOR YOUR FISHING DESIRES. DON’T FORGET WE HAVE 2 OCEANS TO FISH (GULF OF MEXICO AND ATLANTIC OCEAN) REQUESTS FOR SPECIES OF FISH AND COMFORTABLE SEAS CAN BE ARRANGED IN ANY WEATHER.